Download and share the PDF brochures below to help make our community Water Smart.
Resources for Parents
- Water Smart Moms – Learn the most important rules of bathtub safety, pool safety and what other drowning hazards you should be aware of.
- Water Smart Infant & Toddler Checklist – Do you know ALL the drowning risk areas around your home?
- Minimum Age for Swimming Lessons – What scientific evidence exists to support setting a minimum age for swimming lessons?
- Drowning and Children with Autism – Water safety and drowning prevention are critical for families of children with autism to consider.
- Child Care Licensing Water Safety Forms – Swim Central Water Safety Questionnaire/Parent Education Flyer
- American Red Cross – Safe Aquatic Outings – What are appropriate/minimum guidelines for licensed day-care, elementary schools and other child service providers to follow as they prepare for a safe aquatic outing?
- American Red Cross – Water Competency – What should be the definition of water competency that addresses the specific basic, minimum skills needed for water safety and survival?
- American Red Cross – Water Temperature for Aquatic Instruction – What is the appropriate safe temperature range for conducting aquatic programs?
Home Pool Safety
- Home Pool Safety Checklist – Make pool safety a family affair, inspect your home pool/spa regularly to ensure safer kids, safer water & safer response.
- Broward County Board of Rules and Appeals – Pool Safety Information – Is your pool as safe as it an be? Is it in compliance with the structural, electric and plumbing codes?